Monday, February 4, 2008

Tea and Popcorn





The view from our hotel room!


The beautiful girls at our table!!

I had the wonderful opportunity this past weekend to "get away" for a few days on our church's ladies retreat. This was all possible because of my amazing husband that was totally fine with me going!! I love that man!!
We were at Sandy Cove for the retreat...what an amazing setting to focus on God's love for me. Last year, I remember feeling a little "beat up" after the retreat. There were so many things that I needed to address in my life and ugly stuff that I needed to look at and change. This year felt much more warm to me....and that was what I needed. We focused on not being afraid of certain fears that we have in our life....like losing our children or the future or finances. It was a great time of reflection and fellowship. It was made very clear to Mom, Jen and myself why we were there and how God paved the way for each of us to be able to go.
The kids and Marsh did great!! Saturday they ventured to the mall and Joce got her new glasses and Marsh bought webkins for all of them!! Lots of meals out and plenty of playing wii!!
I am so thankful that I was able to go away and that everyone was fine here while I was gone. I am already looking forward to next year, but cant wait to get started on focusing on God's love for me!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! It was great spending time with you...and..
"We ARE lavishly loved daughters!"
--Mom

jerseygirl said...

It was pretty incredible.

The Maxwell House said...

that looked like a lot of fun!

Organized Chaos said...

I'm glad I got to spend a little time with you and get to know your Mom, too.

Even if I hate you because you had a room with a view.