Friday, February 29, 2008

Kay's Birthday!!

I cant believe it!!! She's 12!!! Didnt I just have her??!! Anyway......
We had a great night! We went out to dinner and Kay had the steak that she wanted and I didnt have to cook it!! We came back here for Icecream and Brownies and Kay opened her presents. Marsh bought her some really cool catchers gear. She loves that it isnt just black. She also got hot rollers, some hair stuff and $$$$. She is now totally stoked about the softball season starting! They have "tryouts" this Saturday and then should find out soon who is on their teams. And so it begins.....

A funny comment from Zach last night.....
Aunt Joyce went with us to dinner and when we were almost finished, Zach wandered over to Memom's and Aunt Joyce's side of the table. Aunt Joyce thought Zach felt a little warm and just put her hand on his forehead....she didnt say anything to him about it, just put her hand on his head and he responds, quickly "I'm NOT sick!!" I just think this is so funny because for like 3 weeks, that is all I have done to my kids (felt their foreheads for fever) and now they are programmed to respond!! Makes me laugh!!!

Back to Kay.....
What an amazing young lady she is turning into. I am soooo proud that she is mine! She is thoughtful and kind and almost always has a smile on her face. I have never met a girl that is so positive about life and you cant help but be a part of her optimism! (Not to mention, I think she is beautiful!) I love you Kay!!



2 comments:

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KAY!!!!(a day late) I cant believe she is 12 either. I have random pictures in a box from when I was young and I have some from her first birthday. I will scan them and send them. I love the catchers gear. Too cute!

Unknown said...

The party was so much fun!!
Kay is truly an amazing young lady---so glad she is MY grand-daughter!