Friday, June 15, 2007

So, I am old


It is official. No going back. I am old.
Today was 6th grade orientation for Kayleigh. What a weird thing! I know that I just was in 6th grade, like yesterday! You too, right?!
Actually, I thought today was rather fun. Kay did admit to some apprehension when she got home....especially about the.....lockers. She said "It's not that I dont like lockers, it's that lockers dont like me!" I know she will be fine and we will make it through this transition time, just like everyone else. It was nice, though, to hear some of the other parents fess up to the "feeling old" part and their nervousness for the kids.
Thankfully, we have all summer to get ready for this new stage in our lives and enjoy each other. We are looking forward to some down time on the beach in Chincoteague and many fun softball tournaments!

I am uploading a picture that highlights her 5th grade year!! This is Kayleigh as Clara Barton!! Fun!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Jenn - I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see pictures and know whats going on! Kay being in sixth grade does make me feel old!

Joyce Rose said...

Just read your profile - who knew!! my favorite is "Mercy Me" Joyce

The Hulfish Family said...

I am also glad you joined the Blogging world, but I am even more glad that I got to see Kays "Claira" hair in person!