Friday, June 15, 2007

Oh what a night!



So I thought when Thursday started that I knew how it was all going to go down. Nate had school, fun playdate with our friends Carrie and Anna, practice for both girls but at the SAME field (this never happens!!!!) and a semi-early bedtime. BOY, was I WRONG!
Everything was going according to "my" plan until Kay got hit in the forehead with a softball during her practice. I really didnt panic.....she was too far away from where I was to really see the "damage". Then, when she got right up to me, I was like "WOW! That is a huge bump, babe!" Within the next 30 minutes, she got lethargic and weird. Repeating me, extremely dizzy and lots of pain. So, at the advice of a good friend (thanks Dawn) I called the nextdoor neighbor (thanks Krissy) and headed off to the ER with Kay. 3 hours later, a cat scan, some drugs for pain and nausea, we are home with a mild concussion and a beautiful softball sized egg on her head! Thank you to those who were praying! It is awesome to know that Heather was in a bible study that immediately prayed and my brother was as well. God is good and protected Kay from serious injury.
Needless to say....she jumped right into bed when we got home because she "WILL NOT" miss 6th grade orientation tomorrow! Wow!!! I AM OLD! A SIXTH GRADER?!?! But, that will be another post for another day!!

I am posting two pictures.....one while she is still goofy and one when she is feeling better and just "goofing" off with her blue gloves and the puke bucket! (She was fascinated that you could actually measure puke in the bucket)

3 comments:

burtnbrdr11 said...

Well, I'm glad to see she got to wear her softball priceless shirt

LisaU. said...

Should we have a talk with the coach about the proper throwing of softballs? I know some people....

Unknown said...

This is very upsetting, but thank God for the fact that it was minor. Poor K. :( Tell her Aunt Wendy will be waiting to make her brownies when she feels better.