Thursday, June 21, 2007

The beginning of our summer....

As of noon today, we are on summer break!! Nate finished up preschool this morning. I was much more sad than he was. I kept telling him yesterday that today would be his last day with Miss Ann and Miss Linda, thinking that he would get the gist that he wouldn't be back next year. He knows that he will be going to school with his sisters in the fall, but I don't think he is comprehending it all..... Nevertheless, Kay, Joce, Zach and I attended his "concert" this morning. It was all of 6 minutes long, but oh so adorable. The little guys are so funny to watch.... they are really just interested in watching all of the "big people" watching them! Too cute.
We came home and took a quick dip in the neighbor's pool and Nate figured out that he could touch the bottom with his tipee-toes! What a difference this makes for him! No more treading water non-stop when he is in. He can relax every now and then and take a break. He just kept saying "Mom!! Watch!!! I can touch it again!" Gotta love that kid!
OK...have to go get Zach up from his nap or he will never go to bed tonight. It is amazing that we have fallen right back into our "normal" summer routine of staying up way too late and sleeping in!! Nate and Miss Linda
Nate and Miss Ann
Nate and the rest of the "Turtle" class!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Cute, cute, cute! Is Nate starting Kindergarden? Olivia misses the cut-off here by 16 days and they will not budge on the date! I'm bummed. Have a great summer.

Jenn said...

No, he is going to do the Pre-K program at the school here. Costs about the same and MUCH closer to home than the other school was. Joce went through the program and it was great....hoping it will be as good for Nate

jerseygirl said...

That is so exciting that Nate will get to go with the girls! I have officially started summer as well. I have finished my 1st year - crazy right! Happy summer!
~Jen :)

Jenn said...

Yea Jen!!! Congrats!! So, did ya get the classroom moved yet?? LOL!!!

burtnbrdr11 said...

This means he's old enough for me to teach him how to pitch now right?

Unknown said...

Ok this is the first blog I have ever visited and it is so amazing. the Lawrence family could keep me entertained for days. You can be sure I'll check in from time to time. Great pictures Jenn....love to all of you