Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Unbelievable!!!

So this story is several days old at this point but no less funny! (And, did I mention, it's long??) Sit back and enjoy!

It's this past Friday night. I am headed to a dress rehearsal for a wedding at a church in Marlton. I stop and pick up the violinist (who I have never met before and is 5 months pregnant). We get to the church and the pastor looks at me and says "Where is the keyboard?" "Huh?!", I say. "I was supposed to bring a keyboard?" Might have been nice if someone had told me that..... Anyhow.....
I call me friend Nick at our church and ask if I can run over there and take a keyboard for the night. He says yes so I head back toward church. On the way there, I call Marsh to let him know what is going on (vent) and while I am driving down Rt 70, doing 55mph, my drivers side window falls down into the door!! What?!? Unbelievable!!! I had been having some issues with that window for a few days, but certainly, didn't expect that to happen. I hung up with Marsh and called my brother Dan who was working at the church (thankfully) and told him that I was coming that way and was there any possibility of me stealing his car for the rest of the night so I didn't have to drive the pregnant violinist home in a really cold car. He said yes and then he began the process of "emptying" his car onto the pavement at church.(This is another whole blog entry in itself!) I got there and quickly hopped in his car. I did what every short, 5 ft tall sister would do and tried to move the seat up (My brother is about 6 ft) but, the motor is burned out on the seat. Picture it!! I drove all the way back to the church in Marlton, basically, from the what felt like the back seat of Dan's car. It was a challenge to hold myself up on the steering wheel so I could see!!!! Dress rehearsal went well and we headed back toward her house and church. I exchanged things back into my vehicle and proceeded to drive toward home with a nicely, duct-taped up window, thanks to my handy brother!! I called Dan, hysterical laughing, to let him hear how absolutely deafening the noise was in my car!!! (Vibrating trash bags are a killer!!) Several "so you know you're a redneck" jokes were exchanged!! About 3 minutes later, the bag starts to rip apart......this wouldn't be a problem, except I am on 541 headed toward Lumberton and they are putting new pipes in all along the road. This equals....NO SHOULDER!! I am picturing the bag flying off and landing on the car behind me's windshield and a terrible accident being caused because of my stupid window!!!! I finally see a break in the orange cones and gently pull over to remove the bag. Ok.....no problem.....I will drive home cold....no big deal!! I go to pull out onto the road and hmmmmm.....I am stuck in the gravel. Not just stuck......REALLY STUCK!!! It takes me several minutes to get the truck out..... (we have driven by this spot a bunch of times this week and BOY! did I make a VERY DEEP hole in the gravel!!) Crazy!!!! I think, "MAN!! Can this night get any crazier?!?!" Of course it can!!! About 2 minutes later....my window goes up!! YES!!! UP!!!! AAAGHHHHHH!!!!
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!!!!
The end of the story is that my car has been in the shop for two days and they called to tell us that they cant find a thing wrong with it.....HUH?!?! Ok....whatever you say.....
One other funny thing about this was the next morning, Nate went outside ahead of me...came back in and said, in this way-funny, husband, manly kinda way, "MOM!!! What did you do to your truck?!?!? There is mud all over this side and duct tape all over the other side?!?!" I cracked up!! He had this look on his face like "WOMAN!!! What did you do?!?!?!" I love that kid!!!

One other thing that is interesting- I said to my dad that I think I must have electricity in my body because any car that we have ever had, has had some sort of electrical problem. The brain went in one of our cars, short outs, bad switches, etc. My dad told me that my grandmother cant wear watches because they die after a few days of her having them on her wrist. Is there some sort of hereditary, crazy electrical phenomenon that I don't know about?? I might have to google that one!!

5 comments:

Royal Cuties said...

Ryan and I both enjoyed your story. We thought stuff like that only happened to us! Oh, and if Dan's car is anything like Rob's - he would have needed the entire church parking lot to empty it!

Organized Chaos said...

That made me LOL.

burtnbrdr11 said...

You know your a redneck when the entire contents of your car can be summed up in two words: Clothes. Basket.

Melissa said...

your story made my crack up because i have the same problem with my van window. we could put it down, but not back up so jeff unhooked the power to it and now it is being held up by a board. and my locks go crazy after a while where they just lock and unlock and then lock and unlock. it goes on for minutes until finally it stops. and yes i really think it is heredity because dad and i can not go to a store without a register breaking. oh the entwistle's. we are a silly bunch!

J. Entwistle said...

you know...i think i learned about a condition where certain individuals seem to have problems around any type of technology; it just so happens to be associated with having two X chromosomes, XY's never seem to have these problems ;)