Monday, August 6, 2007

My post for Sam!

Do you have one of those friends that goes waaayyyy back? I do and I got to spend some time with her on Sunday afternoon. She is getting ready to have Baby #1 and she looks AMAZING!! Talk about glowing.....she is all over it!! I have never seen her so happy and no one deserves it more.
I have so many memories of Sam and me together. The bus ride to Memorial. Seriously, inseparable through middle school and most of high school. After school, when our homework was done, one of us would call the other and say "meet cha half way?" We would run out the doors of our houses and head toward the middle.(This was in the old days, before it was unsafe to let your kid run down the street alone). We lived "eleven houses, 2 streets a church and a graveyard" away from each other. Many nights, my mom had to call me home because we had played pictionary way too long! We used to sit in my '87 Honda til the last minute before homeroom to listen to our horoscopes before we made the mad dash. We saw boyfriends come and go and had many, many good laughs with each other. I was actually at Sam's house the night that Marsh came to ask me out on our second date. I ran all the way home in my socks after my mom called and said that he had just stopped at the house!
Now, Sam is about to have a child of her own and I just cant wait to see her in that role and meet this new little blessing! Congrats to Sam and Aaron! You will be wonderful parents. Sam, thanks for being a true friend and I am so glad that our friendship has stood the test of time, distance and age!! Love ya!!

1 comment:

burtnbrdr11 said...

I'm glad you got to spend some time with her. That's really awesome that you still have that contact. Maybe one day Preim will be pregnant and we can scope out new baby clothes. Can't you see it?