Monday, August 6, 2007

Joce's war wound

Man, I never thought my girls would get so roughed up playing softball. Here are just a few shots of Joce's shiner from a practice last week. Thankfully, she was wearing her glasses and the ball deflected downward from her eye. Had she not been wearing them, I think she would have had some serious orbit damage. She is feeling a little scared catching the ball since then, but hopefully she will work her way back. The funniest part (or not so funny, i guess) was that when it happened, I stayed away and let Marsh handle it, but when she wasn't calming down, I walked over. It really didn't look that bad to start with so I cleaned her up and sent her back our on the field. "Don't worry Joce. You will be fine. Really, there is no way that you will get hit again tonite. Nobody gets hit twice in one night!" Bam!!! Direct shot to the top of her ear. Bummer. I didn't get any pictures of that, but it was nice and bruised for a few days as well. I will keep my big mouth shut next time about double injuries!! LOL!!


No comments: