Sunday, June 8, 2008

Who says Girls Arent tough??!!





What a long weekend!!! But boy, was it GREAT!!!
It started Friday night with a rec championship game for Joce. They lost 7-6, but fought hard til the end. I worked the overnight (ugh!) and then went all day Saturday with no sleep. For those of you that read the blog and dont live in NJ, it was hotter than you know what this weekend! My daughters played a combined total of 9, that's right, NINE games over the course of two days!! They are truly amazing to me!! I will say it til I am blue in the face.....I am soooo proud to be their mom!!
Kay's team played 3 games on Saturday and were eliminated pretty early. This was a good thing because during the 2nd game, she hit a TRIPLE and got pretty winded running around the bases. ( I should tell you too that she had been playing catcher the entire day as well) Unfortunately, we found out the hard way that she was dehydrated. That will happen when it is 101 degrees with wicked humidity. She had been drinking waters and gatorades but it must not have been enough. Marsh was coaching and I was coming from Joce's game when one of the other moms called me to ask if Kay had asthma. They said she was out of breath after running around to 3rd base. I didnt hear panic in her voice so I stayed calm. Little did I know, but Kay was headed downhill FAST! I was there within 3 minutes of her phone call and my brother carried her on his back to my car. She was PURPLE.....I am not exaggerating! PANIC!! PANIC!! They put her in the car, I turned to my dad and said "This isnt good" and then said "She has two minutes to look better or we are outta here!" I really didnt want to take her to the hospital, so I worked with her for a while and after about 20 minutes in the air and 3 gatorades, she was coming back to her normal color. She was weak for the rest of the day and really had a bad headache and nausea. What a trooper though. She actually went back and watched the last game for her team. Gotta love determination (or stupidity on my part!)
Joce played 3 games Saturday with one loss and then 3 games today with 1 loss. They finished 2nd overall in the tournament and were AWESOME!!! She played catcher and outfield and batted quite a few times. I love that Joce is smiley and "up" all the time!! What a great example for the other girls. Even in the last inning, down by 6 runs, they were still cheering their little hearts out!! Again, proud proud proud!
I cant leave out the boys....so I will tell you that they were soooo good this weekend. They never complained once and behaved so well the entire time. In fact, I told Nate and Zach tonight that we would go to walmart tomorrow and they could pick out a toy, just for them!! Nate's response was "AWESOME!! I am getting a jeep!" (that's a $200 jeep for those of you that dont know....not a matchbox!!" I had to explain that we were getting something a little smaller.....
Ok....off to bed. I am one tired mama!!! Sleep tight everyone!!!

5 comments:

burtnbrdr11 said...

I am proud to say I spent my birthday weekend watching some awesome games. Thanks for putting on a show girls. Love ya both!

Unknown said...

What a great weekend...birthday for Dan...gracious family that hosted the party on short notice..and SOFTBALL!!! My girls are the GREATEST--I am one proud and happy lady!!!

Royal Cuties said...

We had a soccer tournament - so I can relate! Emma did great even in the heat (especially after she threw up at McDonald's). Lila was happy as can be with her spray bottle. Good times.

Mom To Jacob & Allison said...

Glad everyone's feeling better! Good job girls! Nate and Zach - you are awesome boys for supporting your sisters! Rest up and cool down!

Melissa said...

Wow Jenn, That is great for the girls! And your boys are amazing for handling the heat without complaining. Glad to hear Kay is back to herself.