Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hot date!

What do you all do with alone time with your husband?? Marsh and me?? We decorate gingerbread houses!!!
This week was the annual Ladies Banquet for our church and they needed over 30 gingerbread houses for the centerpieces. I volunteered to make 2 and enlisted the help of my very creative husband to help me with this task. For those of you that have never done one, it is quite a challenge! We had fun though....rummaging through the almost stale Halloween candy in search of more props. I think we ended up finishing them after 11pm!!
I had forgotten to take pictures of them but luckily I attended the banquet on Monday night and was able to find both of ours to snap a picture. I also included the picture of the "winning" house that got the coveted spot on the head table. (wink, wink....it was the hostess' husband.....sounds fishy!! Kidding Melis!)
For those of you that are wondering, mine is the first one, Marsh is the second and the winner is the brick looking house. I didnt get a picture of the back of Marshall's, which was the best part! He did a stained glass window made out of fruit rollups!!
Headed up now to start another day of fun and play with the boys!! Have a great day!


2 comments:

J. Entwistle said...

you're a bloggin fool!!! Nice work on the houses. See you guys around Christmas, I hope!

Josh said...

I'm very impressed with the houses. I didn't know that you were so talented. I'm sure that we will see you in a couple of weeks. We are so looking forward coming to NJ, we need some time to get away from all the barns and cows up this way. Have a good one!!!