Monday, July 30, 2007

Some Much Needed Time Away

We are home!!! Yippeee!!!! We had such a nice time in Chincoteague for the last week. I headed down last Sunday with the kids and Marsh joined us on Friday night to finish out the weekend. We had sooooo much fun! Lots of good times with Pop-Pop and Me-Mom and then especially with Daddy when he got there! We fished and swam and saw the horses swim and rode on the golfcart around the campground and rode bikes and the list goes on........
When we got home last night, Zach didnt want to go to bed and was crying a little. (He doesnt EVER complain about going to bed, so this was unusual). So, I picked him up out of bed and sat on the floor next to Nate's bed and talked about all that we had done this week. I sat there and smelled his little beach bum head and dried his eyes and just had an awesome mothering moment. I tucked him back in bed and I heard this little voice from Nate's bed say "Mommy, hold me too." Ahhhhh......
I actually contemplated telling him that he needed to go to sleep and then I thought...no way!! In ten years, I will be wishing for the days when I could still hold him. So off we went, reminiscing about the weeks events.....Smelling his little beach bum head and kissing his little sun-tanned cheeks. What a special time it was for me!
I will put some pictures on from the week! Hope all is well with everyone!!!My Whole Gang
Me and my honey!!
Kay taking pictures of the horses swimming
The pony swim!

Watching the swim from poppop's shoulders. Cool dudes!!!

Cuties!!
Kay working on her summer reading for school

Feeding the ponies outside of McDonalds.

2 comments:

Royal Cuties said...

Very nice taste in swimwear. Ours, of course, is a Hailey R. original. It looks like you had fun!

Jess said...

Looks like you had a great time - I still can't believe how grown up your girls are - feels like I was just that age sitting on the beach doing my summer reading!